Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day...

Today will be my first "official" Mother's Day, even though this is my third. The last two years were days of fury over the fact that it was forgotten that I was a mother of two. There are few people that would think about how hard it was to know that there are millions of mothers out there celebrating their "motherhood" and you weren't allowed because your babies aren't living. So does that make all of the women out there that lost their children to accidents, decease, or other reasons not mothers anymore? Do you lose the title once your children are no longer living? I know that there were people that may have thought about it but didn't want to hurt me by saying anything and then their were people that just didn't think about it at all. It would have been nice to hear "Happy Mother's Day," because it was going to hurt even without hearing it. Then I find myself thinking has everyone forgotten about Abby and Morgan?

I don't know how today will be, I don't know if I will feel sad or just be happy to have Sarah to celebrate with. I imagine that it will be bittersweet; amazed that my dreams of having a child to hold in my arms is real, but sad that there should be three children in my arm not just one.

Well see how today goes but the best Mother's Day would be just spending the day with Sarah and Michael laughing and having a good time. And maybe a foot rub considering I was on my feet all night. (HAHA) I'll have to let you know how it goes.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

1 comment:

Souza Sisters said...

Happy Mother's Day Beth!! Thank you for my card. What you wrote was so beautiful!! I am sure that Abby and Morgan will be on your mind all day as you celebrate with Sarah... Imagining what should of been...
Hugs & love,
Debbie, Charlotte and Maggie:)

ps... I hope you get that foot message;)