Sunday, March 2, 2008

Our journey to Sarah....


After about 4 years of trying to conceive, in August 2005, we found out we were pregnant. I was about 7 weeks when we found out that we were having twins. I always wanted twins. I thought it would be great to have that unique duo, to watch that unbreakable bond grow. Don't get me wrong all siblings have a bond but I always looked at the twins bond as something incredible, beyond words. I was 16 weeks into my pregnancy when we found out that we were have at least one girl, that was baby b. Baby a was a little more stubborn and wasn't ready to let us in on the secret. We knew at that moment that baby b was more like my husband Michael, laid back and willing to do what was asked of her without question. Baby a was like me, wanted to challenge everyone and keep them guessing (basically wanted to be difficult). We couldn't wait to get these babies into our arms. On December 23,2005,at 22 weeks, I was admitted to the hospital. I was dilated and my membranes were bulging. I was literally turned upside down and my OB told me it was a waiting game. We would pray that my water wouldn't break and that we could get to 24 weeks or beyond. But things took a turn for the worst and at 11:03 am, on December 24th, Abigail Ann was born still. At 11:08am, Morgan Sarah was born and lived in our arms for 30 minutes. The year 2006 brought a lot of grieving, healing and steps toward living our new life without Abby and Morgan. In January 2007, to our surprise we found out that we were pregnant again. Our angels sent us a sibling. On September 17, 2007, Sarah Ann was born at 6:51pm and our lives have forever changed. She looks just like her sisters.

2 comments:

Souza Sisters said...

I know your angels are watching over you, Michael and Sarah smiling! I thank god everyday that all of our angels brought us together... Without your friendship and support I never would have survived the last 2 years!
Love,
Debbie, Charlotte and Maggie

Missy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Have a lovely Chrsitmas, remembering your angels, and being thankful for the beautiful little miss that they sent to you.