Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our first day in Ireland!


Uncle Anthony and Sarah on the trampoline:




Laura and Sarah:

(Very proud) Grandad and Sarah:


So we ended up arriving in Ireland 24 hours later than we had planned. Thank you to the very crappy US A*$%#ys, they delayed our flight leaving Pittsburgh to Boston by two hours. And after I asked and asked the "I D 10 T" at the gate if we were going to make our international flight and he assured us that we would...so, we finally got to Boston and US crappyways, let us run to the international terminal only to be turned away and told to go back to US horribleways to have them fix the problem. Anyone that has traveled with an infant, in 85 degree weather knows that this is not something that you say to a woman holding her exhausted daughter. Oh and did I mention that they had NO air conditioning on the flight from Pittsburgh to Boston. I think that there is something illegal about that but we'll find out when the better business bureau gets my letter. Anyway, we spent the night at Hilton Boston Airport and took off the following day.

When we got there Sarah was extremely tired considering that she only slept about an 1 1/2 hours of our 6 hour flight. But that's okay because when we got to Patrick's house we visited over breakfast and then took a 4 hours nap. When we got up we headed to Breeda's for dinner. The above pictures were taken at her house. Laura is Breeda's daughter (Michael's first cousin).

Michael and I are still in shock how much Laura has grown and it is hard to believe the little girl that I met 8 years ago is now holding (and babysitting) my daughter. Here is the little girl that I first met, this taken at Disney in 2001. She has grown up so much! I can't believe it!

So that was the first 48 hours and I will have more pictures once I get more time to got through all of them.

No comments: